About me

Thursday 6 July 2017

Things to do in Barcelona

As summer is now upon us many people are jetting off on holiday. I recently went to the beautiful city of Barcelona and i thought i would share some of the things we did, saw, ate etc, just in case any of you are heading there this summer. Ill try and do this post in order of things we did.



TOP TIP: If you are arranging your own transfers dont let people take you taxis go to the rank. We did this and he ended up charging us twice as much as it should have been.

We stayed at Hotel BarcleonaGo which was based around a 10 minute drive from the Gothic quarter and within walking distance from so many shops and restaurants. It was very basic but all we needed was a bed and somewhere to get changed. For what we needed it was great!

First night we went exploring, we had heard good things about a restaurant called el nacional. However in true tourist style we got lost, but ended up seeing some beautiful sights. We found the arc de triomphe (got a great shot for that couple!) and discovered all the cool spots we could try. What seemed like hours later we found the restaurant and it turns out it has 4 types of restaurants in there. Fish,meat,tapas and like a lunch style. We opted for the meat and OMG! The beef melted in our mouth and the taste of our first sangria was amazing. The decor itself was incredible, even the toilets were insane! We wished we could have come back here but only being there for 3 days we didn't end up doing but I would highly recommend it!! 















Second day we took our first ever trip to Sephora, this had been on my list as I had never visited. Safe to say I wasn't disappointed. THERE WAS A SLIDE TO GET INTO THE SHOP! I mean when does that happen! I ended up getting a Kat Von D liquid lipstick how amazing is this shade!! We drank many jugs of sangria in many bars, then we took a trip to the beach. I have to say it's such a nice beach and not too busy! Definitely take a trip if you are in Barcelona. That evening we headed towards the Gothic quarter and we found a really cute restaurant tucked away ( I can't remember what it was called!) but how insane was this paella. It tasted amazing but to be honest it took nearly 2 hours to come so I was already drunk by the time it came haha! 















Third and final day we wanted to make the most of it, we went to see the la sagridia familia which a cathedral that is still being built but it's so huge! It hurt your neck to stare up at, but it was so nice to be able to see some of Barcelona culture. Tip: don't eat or drink near there, the prices are extortionate! We then went to eat lunch by the sea, get an ice cream and chill by the beach again. That evening we had booked a tapas meal at Tapeo and if you are ever in Barcelona you NEED to get tapas there, personal highlight the beef cheek it was out of this world. We ordered about 10 dishes between us and every single dish was such high quality and overall the whole meal came to £100 with 2 jugs of sangria and a dessert. Tapeo is a must in Barcelona, it's based in the Gothic quarter so it's really easy to find. Then we decided to hit da clubz (cool I know). We found a deal that gave us 2 free drinks, a shot, transport to the clubs and free entry all for €15 which we thought was a great deal! We go to go to pascha and we had a fab night! 















Barcelona was hands down one of the best cities I've ever been too, if you haven't been you NEED too!


Hope you enjoyed this post.
Apologies for being so absent ya know life and stuff tends to get in the way! 

Leave me your thoughts below! 

1 comment:

  1. I went to Barcelona few years back with school and, although I love traveling and sight seeing, I hadn't had such a great experience. My friends had a huge fight and basically ruined the whole week, we had to run all over the place too see everything that was planned...
    However, I hope I'll be able to go back one day to really explore it like I want to.
    You had a great time, I see. :D I'm happy for you :)

    xo Honey - blog Royal Lifestyle - Twitter - Instagram

    ReplyDelete

I am grateful for all your comments. Thank you for taking the time to read my blog.
Lauren king xxxxx